Posted: Aug 15 2016
Last week, Orlando Bloom made headlines when a picture of him in a rather compromising position whilst on holiday with Katy Perry found its way on to Twitter. Other than the obvious, one of the most surprising (and reassuring) things was seeing one of the most famous women in the world relaxing on holiday with visible cellulite. If pop royalty like Katy Perry has the same body issues as the rest of us mere mortals, then there's hope for us all. It's totally normal, natural, and pretty much every woman has it or will have it at some point.
If you're not a fan of your dimples though, there are a few things you can do to reduce their visibility.
1. Women are more likely to store fat around the thighs and hips, and so we're more likely to see signs of cellulite in these areas. It's thought that one of the contributors to cellulite is rapid weight loss and weight gain, so if you're a fan of fad dieting, it's time to kick the habit, and instead focus on more sustainable long term weight loss solutions.
2. If you're fairly sedentary, that could be a factor too. Increase your exercise to increase blood flow throughout your body, and into those all important cellulite danger zones.
3. The myth that cellulite is cased by 'toxins' has no scientific basis, but you should ensure you're getting plenty of water and fresh fruit in your diet as dehydration and poor diet can all exacerbate signs of cellulite.
4. Smoking can effect the appearance of cellulite as it reduces blood vessel flow and can disrupt the formation of collagen which means the connective tissue in our bodies is damaged more easily and allows fat that's lying just beneath the surface to become more visible under the skin. If you're a smoker, it's a probably another good incentive to kick the habit once and for all.
5. Body brushing works for some, as the vigorous exfoliating motions can help to increase blood flow to certain areas. Try it every day for a month to see if you have any lasting effects. If not, there's no loss because your skin will be silky smooth and exfoliated.
5. Pick a cellulite busting moisturiser. We love this Body Makeover Cellulite Treatment from Cloud9 skincare. This fast absorbing gel leaves no residue and visibly reduces the appearance of cellulite (orange peel skin) within two weeks of regular use. With a key ingredient of Ivy, it’s powerful thermogenic properties begin to work immediately, to boost blood and lymph flow. You can feel the Ivy extract start to work on application; expect a tingling and warming sensation on the skin, which will disappear after a few minutes.
This, combined with the water reducing and soothing effects of Caffeine, visibly reduce the appearance of cellulite. Other ingredients such as Gotu Kola, Horse Chestnut, Grapeseed Oil Extract & Vitamin E leave the skin feeling firmer and revitalised, along with improving skin texture.
Have you had any luck busting cellulite? Let us know your cellulite home remedies in the comments below!