Posted: Oct 07 2016
No Place Like Home: Staycation Tips for a Healthier and Happier You
There comes a time (more often than not) when you feel like you need to get away. Work is stressful, money and time is too tight to plan an exuberant vacation and the weather is getting colder. But this doesn’t mean you can’t have some time to relax and rejuvenate. Many people think they have to travel somewhere lush to experience any sense of relaxation; however, sometimes staying at home is just as enjoyable (and cheaper, too). So, do yourself a favor and plan a luxurious stay-at-home weekend instead.
Here are 10 ways to take advantage of a Staycation:
1. Rest and Recoup: While you know that rest and recovery are essential to your well-being, most don't recognize the importance they have on our success at work. Most of us (myself included) would rather push through fatigue and get things done rather than take some time to let our body rest. If we want to be happy and healthy, resting the mind and body is key. Try feeling calm massage and bath oil from Ling Skincare to help soothe and relax your body and mind.
2. Go for a walk: Walk a path you haven’t taken before and embrace the new scenery. Take this time to breathe in the fresh air and allow your mind to relax and have a break from the everyday routine.
3. Meditate: Of course, it is always crucial to make time to meditate. Close your eyes and notice your breath. Spend a few minutes in a quiet space. Allow your breath to relax you and let your mind escape the commotion of everyday.
4. Have “you” time: Make a cup of delicious Teatox, throw on your cosiest pajamas and grab a journal or book. Appreciate the alone time to just be you and embrace the quiet atmosphere. Naps are never a bad thing, either!
5. Turn the phone off: Give your mind the break it deserves and unplug yourself from any and all technology for the time-being. Don’t worry or think about anything you may be missing as it will be waiting for you on Monday morning. Guaranteed.
6. Catch up on Z’s: There truly is not better feeling than waking up when you want to and not being in an immediate rush to tackle the day. Relish the moment and stay in bed for a couple more hours to catch up on your latest addicting show on Netflix. Give Beauty Sleep Sweet Pillow Scent a try for an extra soothing snooze.
7. Love your body: Schedule that manicure & pedicure you’ve been putting off for months and treat yourself to a massage. It won’t be long until you feel like you’re on a lush vacation rather than at your local spa.
8. Schedule a fitness class: Give yourself the opportunity to head to the gym for a morning Spin class. Get sweaty and enjoy the fact that you aren’t pressured to rush off to your 9am Monday meeting. Maybe treat yourself and stop for a delicious smoothie before heading home too!
9. Cook dinner for yourself: During the weeknights, it is not uncommon that we find ourselves eating a take-out meal or throwing together the last items we have in our fridge. Instead, head down to your local store and pick up some fresh produce. Throw on some music, cook your favorite meal and of course, treat yourself with a deserving glass of vino. After all, wine not?
10. Get to know your city: No matter where you live, it is almost guaranteed that there’s something new to discover and try. Whether it’s that glamourous new restaurant you’ve been eyeing or a particular clothing store you’ve been scoping out, there’s something you’re missing out on.Are there any tips you would add to this list? If not, we hope you give them a try! You deserve it.