Posted: Sep 27 2017
It's a fact: sleep is good for us. Sleep can help us maintain a healthy weight, balance our hormones, and even control our sugar levels! But even if sleeping is one of our favorite things to do, some of us may not be able to fall asleep fast or stay asleep.
So we turned to our friends at 1001 Remedies to give us their tips on sleep:
- Put away technology to allow our mind to relax.
- Get some sunshine: research shows that getting natural sunlight during the day can help you sleep better.
- Try switching out high wattage bulbs or using dimmer switches to reduce the intensity of artificial light.
- Say no to alcohol or caffeine before bed.
- Create a routine (i.e. a shower, listen to music, etc) at least 1 hour before bed.
- Use a sleep balm, like this one from 1001 Remedies, to your décolleté and inside your wrists to send signals to your brain to relax.