Posted: Jan 23 2018
Flu season is upon us and it's time to boost our immune system with medicine that you will actually enjoy taking. Jo from Modern Food Stories shared this recipe with Bare Biology with ingredients like Sicilian lemon and Manuka honey. The Sicilian lemon will give your immunity system a boost with vitamin C, while the Manuka honey has antibacterial qualities to help fight the cold. Keep reading for Jo's recipe!
Recipe makes: 9
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 40g (1/2 cup) of desiccated coconut
- 100g (1 cup) of ground almonds
- 45g (1/4 cup) of pumpkin seeds
- 35g (1/4 cup) of sunflower seeds
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of soft coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of Manuka honey
- 2 drops of Vitamin D3 (optional)
- Desiccated coconut
- Place the coconut and seeds in high-speed food processor and blitz until fine.
- Mix the ground coconut, almonds, seeds, lemon zest and juice, soft coconut oil and Manuka honey together in a bowl. Use your hands to bring together to form a dough.
- Split the mixture into 9 and roll into round balls. Roll in a little extra desiccated coconut and place on a baking tray in the fridge to set, ideally for at least 5 minutes.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Option to eat straight from the fridge for a chilled, dense ball or bring to room temperature for a slightly softer, moist texture.